Thursday, June 25, 2015

Slow-Mo



A sloth.
A snail.
The line at the Post Office.
Erosion.
Me today.
We’re in our fifth week of summer break and I am slowing down. Especially today, for some reason, I feel completely wiped out and out of it.

I can tell my body wants to eat, but I’m unmotivated and have no appetite.

I have things to do, but I’m not doing them.

I’m dragging my feet.

I’ve done the things I need to do: get out of bed, work out, shower, get the boys fed, bring in the mail, pick up the house, laundry.

I’m tired. Maybe some days are just like that?

Or maybe God wants me to slow down, notice what’s around me, act more intentionally, and allow my brain to ruminate on what He puts there instead of pushing along the assembly line of thoughts to keep up with my pace to some imaginary daily finish line?
OK, I’m getting off my shoebox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment