Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Woman Crush Wednesday - Taniya N.



There was a time in my mid-20s when I, my sister, and our gaggle of girlfriends were all single. We went out every weekend and enjoyed our beautiful downtown Boston. It was at this time that we met Taniya through a mutual friend.

Taniya was a bartender at our favorite restaurant/lounge/club. We hung out at her station, danced with her, and even filled in for her when she had to run to the restroom. Her smile lit up the place and her energy was contagious. She made our Friday nights extra fun.
Then, in what seemed like an instant, we all had boyfriends and stopped going out as much. But Taniya was always there to celebrate my special moments – my engagement party, my wedding day, and my first visit home when Silas was a baby.

Yes, she’s a tv star now. But Taniya is still the same genuine, down-to-earth, caring and beautiful woman I met 15 years ago. I am so proud of her success!

Please meet my friend, Taniya.
1) Please tell me a little about YOU.

I’m an Interior Designer, TV host, restaurant owner, a lover of fashion and travel, and a devoted friend and wife. I love giving back to the community any chance I can.

2) Please tell me about your work/ministry.

I’ve hosted shows on HGTV for the last 13 years such as Designed to Sell and House Hunters on Vacation. I most recently hosted HGTV’s Urban Oasis Home Giveaway. My latest greatest stint is on Food Network’s Restaurant: Impossible with tough love celebrity chef Robert Irvine. We are on our 9th season and going strong!! I love this show because it really makes a difference in these people’s lives. That’s what it’s all about. We have two days to take over a failing restaurant and give them new management skills, a new menu, and a brand new design.
You can also see me regularly on The Rachael Ray show, GMA, and the Today Show. Some of our Boston restaurants are Back Bay Harry’s, Abby Lane, Petit Robert Central, McGreevy’s, and a few others.

3) Why are you passionate about what you do?

Everything I do has a “feel good” element to it. When I design homes or restaurants, my goal is to help make a more productive and happy environment for someone. It’s amazing what a little attention to your space can do for your own productivity and general inner happiness.
4) Why is it important to help others?

Helping others is something everyone should do. It’s simply just the right thing to do. Offering a helping hand to those in need or to those who are unable to help themselves feels good and makes a bigger difference in that person’s life than you could ever imagine.

5) How can readers contribute/participate/come alongside you?

Just do whatever it is you can to offer your assistance to someone in need. Believe me, even a smile goes a long way.
6) What makes a woman truly beautiful?

Inner happiness.

7) What do you like to do in your free time?

I don’t have a lot of free time so I like to spend it relaxing with my family. Taking a walk or going on a vacation. I love to cook, too!
8) Since you’re getting on my shoebox, what’s your favorite kind of shoe?

I loooooove my YSLs! I have two pairs and I wear them a lot. They’re my splurge in my closet – but soooo worth it!
*****

OK, I’m getting off my shoebox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment